Saturday, June 28, 2008

this ENDS now

So I moved from LA to NYC about a year ago and some months. I had gone through a major breakup (aka, we were together 5 years, on marriage track, he became a union organizer, blah, blah, blah), and since then I've gained 15 pounds. 15 pounds!!!! That's two sizes in clothes, a new hairstyle to try to better frame my round face, and a whole lotta extra belly and boobs.

How is this even possible? Everyone says, oh, you'll lose so much weight in New York. Everyone walks; there's no way to be fat. And it's true. I walk everywhere, up the subway, down, up the apartment, through the park, to the train...everywhere, right? Not only that, but I'm a pretty regular exerciser. I ran the Brooklyn half-marathon in May, I'm a decent yogi and I go to the gym a few times a week.

How then did this gut develop on my 5'4" frame? OK, I'm not going to say I'm fat or huge or anything. I'm a 28yo, 135-pound, generally healthy chick. The problem is I don't recognize myself anymore. I don't look like me, I don't feel like me, and this has got to end - now.

So, my plan (and I've had many plans over this last year), is to finally get rid of these 15 pounds I'm carrying around. I don't know how yet, but for now I'm heading to the gym, and I'm giving up grains for a while. It's summer anyway; I can live on fruit.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 Subscribe in a reader